Rates (including two people):
Basic rate (1st of April - 30th of November): 220€/night
Seasonal rate (1st of December - 31st of March): 390€/night
All our booking rates include accommodation, a buffet breakfast in the Guesthouse's restaurant and access rights to our famous lakeside sauna. Summer season (1.6 - 30.9) also includes AuroraHut glass igloo boat ride at lake Ranuanjärvi.
Year-round glass igloo accommodation experience
Unlike normal, stationary glass igloos in Lapland, AuroraHut offers guests a year-round accommodation experience. Thanks to the free, year-round mobility, you will experience the beautiful nature and its phenomenon, such as the midnight sun of midsummer, the northern lights of autumn, the snowstorms of winter, and the revival of spring nature wherever they are at their best. Only the sky is the limit for your freely moving igloo accommodation.
Nature friendly accommodation option
Although AuroraHut is primarily known for its experiential and adventurous igloo accommodation, it is also a very sustainable and eco-friendly accommodation option. In a mobile glass igloo, staying could be compared to camping in a way: in both options, you can stay as close to nature as you want, but without the need to leave permanent marks on the surrounding nature during or after your stay. So you can always enjoy the beautiful scenery and natural phenomena with a clear conscience.
Take a glass igloo boat ride at lake Ranuanjärvi
Thanks to the boat feature of our igloos, we also offer our guests an AuroraHut igloo ride on Lake Ranuanjärvi. For safety reasons, rides are always planned and carried out on a case-by-case basis. When driving an igloo, some sort of boating and navigating experience is definitely a big advantage. The igloo ride should always be accompanied by a skilled skipper who is responsible for making the trip safe. This role can be filled by either an experienced boater or a member of our crew. The ride can also be carried out in such a way that the steering itself is left to the responsibility of a member of our staff and the guests staying in the igloo are involved in the role of the passenger.
You can get more information about boat rides from our inn's reception and from this link.
Features of amenities of our AuroraHut Glass Igloos:
- Double bed (possibility of extra mattress or cot)
- Composting toilet (washrooms and sauna available free of charge in the inn's main building)
- Separate suitcase space under the bed mattress
- Cooking facilities and a food cellar under the igloo floor
- Large glass windows on the wall and roof
- Power electricity from solar and biofuel cells and heating is produced with renewable biodiesel
- Year-round mobility. In summer with its own engine and in winter, for example, pulled by an ATV
- Freely adjustable indoor temperature
- Private terrace for melt water, as well as outdoor cooking
- USB port for charging portable and smart devices
- Each igloo has its own WiFi connection